SMT manufactures the most reliable silica based packing materials available in the market today. When silica is used as the stationary phase, the functional groups involved in separation are the surface silanols. However, metal impurities in silica may provide additional sites of interaction for solutes of interest. SMT uses high purity silica packing materials that are available in variety of particle and pore sizes. These columns have performed well in the separation of many polar compounds such as pesticides and organic acids.
Unique features include:
- Two grades for various applications:
- Optimal Pure Silica – BS (min 99%)
- Super Pure Silica – BSP (min 97%)
- Highest levels of consistency and reproducibility
- High throughput – No carry over of any analytes
- Low back pressure
- Can be packed in columns (capillary, stainless steel, peek and glass)
- Analytical, solid phase extraction and process scale purifications
We manufacture a variety of silica based bulk packing materials for analytical to large-scale purifications. SMT offers a range of bulk silica resins for those who prefer to pack their own column hardware. Samples from different lots can be purchased for method and process validation.
Silica gel and Bulk Packing materials for process scale applications are available in various particle sizes and pore sizes: 10, 20, 35, 60µm and 60, 100, 150 and 300Å are stock sizes.
Are you looking for bulk packings with custom specifications (pore size, particle size and/or quantity) not available on this site? Please contact us as we can manufacture the exact bulk media you need.