SMT Diol bulk packings are developed as an alternative for silica bulk packings used in separation methods. The Diol [-OH] functional group is controlled, and as such, provides more reproducible separation when compared to separation on silanols [-OH] from bare silica surface. Furthermore, the hydrogen bonding on the OH functional group on Diol packing material is not as strong as that of bare silica. This results in a reduced interaction of polar compounds.
SMT offers two types of Bulk Diol:
- BDiol1 consist of acid-catalyzed cleavage of 3-(2,3-epoxypropoxy) propyl as the functional ligand
- BDiol2 consist of acid-catalyzed cleavage of 5,6-epoxyhexyl as the functional ligand
Just like bare silica, both of these packings can be subjected to further treatment or modification with another functional ligand for special applications.
Unique features include:
- Extremely High Coverage
- Highest levels of Consistency and Reproducibility
- High throughput – No carry over of any analytes
- Low back pressure
- Perfect for Solid Phase Extraction and Process Scale Purifications
- Ideal for applications in flash cartridges
We manufacture a variety of silica based bulk packing materials for analytical to large-scale purifications. SMT offers a range of bulk Diol packings resins for those who prefer to pack their own column hardware. Samples from different lots can be purchased for method and process validation.
Silica gel and Bulk Packing materials for process scale applications are available in various particle sizes and pore sizes: 10, 20, 35, 60µm and 60, 100, 150 and 300Å are stock sizes.
Are you looking for bulk packings with custom specifications (pore size, particle size and/or quantity) not available on this site? Please contact us as we can manufacture the exact bulk media you need.