SMT Phenyl bulk packings provides unique selectivity for aromatic compounds when compared to other reversed-phase packings such as C18 and C8. The π-electrons of the phenyl group can interact with the aromatic ring of an analyte to increase retention relative to less or non-aromatic analytes.
SMT offers two types of Bulk Phenyl:
- Phen1 contains one phenyl per ligand
- Phen2 contains two phenyls (biphenyl) per ligand
Phenyl bulk packings are manufactured with a silica substrate.
Special features of SMT Phenyl packing material include:
- Highest levels of Consistency and Reproducibility
- High throughput – No carry over of any analytes
- Low back pressure
- Perfect for Solid Phase Extraction and Process Scale purifications
- Ideal for applications in flash cartridges
We manufacture a variety of silica based bulk packing materials for analytical to large-scale purifications. SMT offers a range of bulk DEAE packings resins for those who prefer to pack their own column hardware. Samples from different lots can be purchased for method and process validation.
Silica gel and Bulk Packing materials for process scale applications are available in various particle sizes and pore sizes: 10, 20, 35, 60µm and 60, 100, 150 and 300Å are stock sizes.
Are you looking for bulk packings with custom specifications (pore size, particle size and/or quantity) not available on this site? Please contact us as we can manufacture the exact bulk media you need.